Monday, October 27, 2008

NESN

I don't know what the feed is in Edmonton, but on Center Ice tonight it's NESN, my hometown station. NESN always acts a bit discombobulated, transitioning from baseball to other seasons, (the spot they just ran, "Red Sox baseball on NESN, is brought to you by..." would be a good case in point) but their hockey crew love hockey. So far tonight they're in delighted awe with the Rexall ice, and at the end of the 4:22 without stoppage of play, they went to the ad with "And we actually get PAID for this! AMAZING!"

And with a game like this one so far, it's hard not to love hockey.

1 comment:

Louisa said...

It's awesome they're that enthusiastic. I wish the local people were too. :-)

Locally it was a PPV game. I passed on it myself (the guy doing colour for PPV games is AWFUL and has the worst hair plugs I've ever seen), but sounds like it was an exciting, if mostly scoreless, game.