Monday, April 27, 2009

Somebody likes me

For reasons unclear, NHL Center Ice showed the Blackhawks shellacking the Flames THREE times in its entirety this weekend.  No complaints here.

***************
Not hockey, no, but pretty darn exciting stuff to watch last night:



I like this kid.  For those of you who don't follow baseball, stealing home happens maybe a couple times in an entire season across the league, on average.

Red Sox Sweep Yankees.  Pretty sweet words.

***************

It's summer, and like most autopsies, the Oilers post-season is starting to  make me fairly queasy.  I'm not enough of a stats gal to weigh in on the Draft, and I'm such a baby in Hockey Fan years (I maintain they are far more aging than dog years) that I can't reminisce with the best of them yet.  I'll be lurking on the comment threads of my betters in the Oilogosphere, and offering a strange summer mish-mash of Red Sox baseball, hockey culture oddities, reaction to traumatic off-season front-office moves, and rambling personal anecdote here, hopefully on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

****************

For the record, Tambellini does NOT have my permission to trade Ales or Horc.  If he can find some way to sneak the Sedins in under the cap, I am so listening.
 

1 comment:

Lowetide said...

I also enjoyed the sb. It took me by surprise watching from my living room, and Pettitte could have been sitting beside me for all the good it did him being in the yard.