Monday, May 11, 2009

Properly Accessorizing Fanships

Back in February/March I traveled to Santa Barbara for a few weeks with D for his work. We did it as a roadtrip from TX, and it was pretty fun, except for the part where my wallet was stolen out of my bag on the UCSB campus at the end of the first week. 

I needed a cheap replacement to tide me over until I got home (Of course, ID and credit cards were another, hairier matter altogether), so I found myself glumly examining my options in The Saddest Target Store Ever(TM)  in Ventura, CA and was amused by the inadvertant shout-out to the Copper and Blue this seemed to represent.  Since I'd already had one wallet boosted from my current bag, a little zipper action would ease my paranoia.  Also, I'd have something to dig loonies out of the next time I was at Rexall Place and needed a hotdog.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Finally, it seemed reasonable in the interest of parity, as this is my go-to carry-on bag when I travel.  (I sewed it myself, after spending eight years debating the best deployment of this now discontinued logo fabric.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Confess: What extremes have you worn or made in the name of representing?

No comments: