Sunday, January 20, 2008

Oilers win? WOOT!

Staring urgently at the young players actually works? Yeesh, I should have tried this weeks ago!

As you may have guessed from my Sedin post, and will see in the weeks to come, I'm a Swede-o-phile. Maybe it's that most of my furniture is from Ikea, that my favorite coffeeshop is in Chicago's Andersonville neighborhood, the constant stream of cheery techno/silly videos that ever seem to issue from that northern clime, or maybe it's just that I like my hockey with a little salmon and butterfat. Who knows.

In that vein, though, I need to comment on one Garnet Exelby of the NHL. Despite his supposed origin in Saskatchewan, does he, or does he not, have a name that indicates he came flat-packed from Ikea, with some assembly required? Does the goalie model ("Crossnet Exelby", I presume?) cost a bit more and require a different caliber allen key?

2 comments:

Garnet said...

Sorry to report that Edmonton's lone Swede, Dick Tarnstrom, is likely to be traded out of town. And while I like Garnet Exelby for purely narcissistic reasons, I'd submit that I'm more likely to buy a Yan Stastny for the home. It'll look great under the Karri Ramo.

marriedtotheoil said...

Agreed--and I'm always amazed by how much I can store in my Karri Ramo.