Thursday, July 17, 2008

It Starts

Where has marriedtotheoil been? Using her powers of telepathy to prompt the signing of Shawn Horcoff to a six-year deal? Well yes, of course, but I was also on an extended trip back to New England for some family matters, and for what turned out to be some hard-core sports nostalgia. As I receive the boxes full of souveneirs of fourteen years of Red Sox fandom that I packed up and shipped back here, I'll be sharing some of the highlights. Also on tap will be musings about the nature of New England sports culture, and of course Oilers Oilers Oilers.

Also, some of the finest youth hockey fiction of the pre-war era I have yet seen will be excerpted. So come back often. I swear the drought is over, and fun will abound frequently.

In the meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy my Maine beach tan and follow Lowetide's sterling example and get myself a beer.

No comments: